Sunday, April 17, 2011

My promise to my Mentor.

Today was a fairytale. I had the time of my life with all of my Future Leaders. They had been so sporting and active and every move they made just put a smile on my face. Especially my baby, Tan Lloyd. He is so effing cute! And he played my phone until the battery ran out. =.= But thanks to that, he actually didn't feel shy about talking to me, unlike when I first met him in the morning.

Mentor & Disciple Hall. I've been there twice. The first time I went there didn't really feel a thing. Maybe due to the long/wrong journey to there and the heavy rain when I was on my way back home. But today, I told myself the night before that I must feel something today. Feel the atmosphere, feel the bond between my mentor and I, feel the activeness and the innocence of kids. And I eventually felt something. I felt so touched when the narrator told us about Ikeda Sensei's background. He did so many things for us and yet we still don't know how to appreciate all of them. And that really made me thought that we are all so pathetic.

The SGI organization isn't just about going meetings and knowing Nichiren Daishonin's life philosophy. We need to UNDERSTAND and PRACTICE it in our daily lives as well! Peace, culture and education. These 3 are the things that we must know how to cultivate. Sensei has done ENOUGH for all of us. It is the time that we as youths must STAND UP for ourselves and FIGHT side by side with our mentor! Wake up, youth! Sensei has high expectations on us and we must not disappoint him. We MUST do whatever it takes to meet his expectations! This is YOUTH.

The third time I'll be going to Mentor and Disciple Hall again will be on 7th of May with Mable to survey what we can do there for our high school members. This time, I must feel even more of this feeling as high school members are a step higher. They are not as naive as Junior Division. Therefore, I MUST do my best in order to influence not just high school members or Junior Division members, but the people around me! Ga yao, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment